The Departments of Dietetics and Food & Beverage consist of registered dietitians and culinary professionals who provide inpatient and outpatient nutrition services as well as prepare healthy, nutritious food for the hospital patients and staff.
Dietitians work with many clinical areas and departments to ensure the Anand community is equipped with the best available nutritional care. Our culinary experts provide more than 1000 carefully prepared meals and snacks for patients, visitors and staff every day.
Nutrition experts from the Department of Dietetics aid the people with management of specific dietary needs in many different areas, including cardiac care, diabetes and childhood and adult obesity. They also offer nutritional care and counsel about lifestyle maintenance and good nutrition, like:
- Eating well when dining out
- Planning healthy meals at home
- Feeding people at home with different nutritional needs
- Heart-healthy eating
- Good nourishment is a key component of recovering from surgery or illness. The Department of Dietetics provides nutrition care and advice to patients while they are in the hospital and after they are discharged. These services are provided by a variety of staff:
- Registered dietitians, who work with the patient’s medical team, provide valuable information regarding appropriate nutrition care.
- Nutrition and food and beverage staff helps patients to select their daily menus and deliver meals to their rooms.