Infertility is nowadays the most common issue emerging out in both males and females. If you are trying to have a baby, but it is not happening then you might need to seek the assistance of a specialist. Infertility can be defined as a problem of inability to conceive after 12 months of trying to conceive. Also, if you have crossed the age of 35, then this time is reduced to 6 months. Thus, for a detailed diagnosis and complete fertility work-up you should seek your Gynae or OB or urologist.
Symptoms of Infertility-
There are no apparent symptoms in a female having infertility issue. She might seem to you healthy with no major health concerns or any kind of irregularities in the menstrual cycle. She also might not have any sort of discomfort or pain. Though there can be copious reasons for infertility, but in most of the cases the main reason is blocked Fallopian tubes.
What are Fallopian tubes?
The Fallopian tubes are the ducts in which eggs are carried from the ovary to the uterus. There is a section in the fallopian tubes named ampulla where the male’s sperm fertilizes the egg of a female. The resultant fertilized egg then moves to the uterus where it develops it until birth. Any obstruction in these ducts can cause infertility in a female. The blocked tubes may prevent male sperms from flowing through it and causing pregnancy.
However, therefore it is important to address the issue and get it treated so that a woman can easily attain pregnancy.
Causes of Infertility –
- There are a few reasons behind the blockage caused in the fallopian tubes of which the most known condition is Hydrosalpinx. In this health condition the fluid accumulates in the fallopian tubes because of infection in the body.
- Also, due to sexually transmitted diseases these fallopian tubes may get blocked.
Available treatment options –
- Surgery – there is a method of fallopian tube surgery where in the fallopian tubes are repaired if they are blocked.
- IUI – intrauterine insemination – sperms of the male are inserted into uterus into the cervix through a fine catheter. The sperm’s best specimens are selected after washing them in a fluid. It is done when there are no particular reasons behind infertility.
- IVF – In-Vitro Fertilization-
Though blocked Fallopian tubes is a matter of concern as it can severely prevent pregnancy, however, it has a solution. To have a baby, a female can also opt for IVF, In-Vitro Fertilization. Here in the sperms are placed with the unfertilized eggs of a female in a dish, and this embryo is then placed in uterus to let the pregnancy begin.
- Natural remedies –
There are certain targeted natural remedies that can cure this blockage naturally if the condition is not so severe and is under control. These natural remedies can help in making the eggs to swim through the ducts between ovaries and uterus.
Infertility is an emotional toll over both the partners and they must therefore learn to be patient and cope with this mentally.
Anand Hospital has team of well experienced Gynaecologist, who are giving treatment in such cases from years and are successful, to know more about best Gynaecologist in India, visit us.