High cholesterol is one of the factors, which makes the heart diseases deadly is a myth claims a doctor from California. Dr. Jonny Bowden, author of ‘The Great Cholesterol Myth,’ said that lowering your cholesterol may not necessarily prevent heart disease. He said that cholesterol is not even a good predictor of heart disease. Advertisement…

Good genes can explain why some people age well. But researchers said they have identified a specific gene variant that can make people look about two years older than their actual age. Scientists already know that the gene in question, known as MC1R, is responsible for producing red hair and pale skin, according to the…

Educating people on coping with their diabetic condition helps not only in reducing their sugar levels and also blood pressure and cholesterol levels, reveals a study. The research showed that after receiving diabetes education for 15 months, 1,263 participants on average lowered their A1C (blood sugar) levels by 67 percent and their LDL (bad) cholesterol…

A Stockholm youth health clinic is handing out specially designed measuring tapes to young men and asking them to size up their penises. The tape measures circumference and not length. It will be handed out free of charge at the clinic as of December 1, 2015. The clinic, which caters to youths up to age…

Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that causes a person’s blood sugar level to become too high. Expressing concern over the fast spreading of diabetes in rural areas also, Himachal Pradesh Health Minister Thakur Singh said that people settled in state’s remote areas are also becoming diabetic and inhabitants of the country’s highest villages Hikkim and…

Postpartum depression remains undiagnosed though it is a common problem among mothers of new babies. A new research review in the Harvard Review of Psychiatry suggests that screening for postpartum depression–preferably across healthcare locations and at multiple times up to one year after delivery. “Postpartum depression remains vastly under-diagnosed and under-treated, despite widespread consensus regarding…

Researchers argue that premature ejaculation including female sexual dysfunction should not be classified as an illness, adding that the illness factor may have been constructed by sexual medicine experts under the influence of drug companies. “It is important for men to understand that in premature ejaculation, the physiology of ejaculation and orgasm is not impaired,…

A new research from the University of Manchester claims that there is limited evidence to show that xylitol is effective in preventing dental cavities in children and adults. Xylitol is a natural sweetener that is widely promoted globally, and can be found in wide range of everyday products including sugar-free chewing gum, toothpaste, gels, lozenges…

While older radiologists faced increased risk of dying from radiation-related causes like cancer, those who graduated from medical school after 1940 do not face such risk any more. The findings point to the success of efforts to reduce occupational radiation doses over the past several decades, the researchers said. “Most of the findings of increased…

The ability to maintain blood glucose during starvation, known as gluconeogenesis, requires the breakdown and processing of fatty acids, known as fatty acid oxidation. It is thought that about 90% of gluconeogenesis occurs in the liver, while the other 10% occurs in the kidneys and gut. Other tissues in the body can step in to…

For emergency cases        0121-279-2000 , 0121-4014800